Role of business organizations in preventing COVID-19 outbreak
Following the coronavirus outbreak that originated in China infecting thousands of people, the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 as a pandemic. Recently, governments have decided to shut down their borders, imposed travel bans, and enforced quarantines to prevent further spread of the virus among people all across the world. Several countries announced lockdowns, encouraging people to stay safely at home as well as avoid physical contact with other people.
The current pandemic state has affected the economy and changed the way companies used to conduct business development processes at various levels. As a result, companies and business organizations have started developing effective work strategies, policies, and procedures to protect the interest of employees, stakeholders, and clients. It is the responsibility of organizations, whether small or big, to keep their employees informed and updated of the current pandemic situation by offering flexible work options.
As responsible citizens, the first thing employers can do is respond flexibly depending on the level of disease transmission in their community. For instance, people working in some sectors can work remotely instead of being physically present for attending meetings and group discussions. At this time of need, the internet and digital communication play important roles for companies.
There are many digital alternatives available, using which employees and employers can disseminate important information, as well as stay connected while doing their regular jobs from home. Companies should focus on adopting the best alternatives for decreasing the spread of COVID-19, hence lowering the impact of the diseases in the workplace.
What should companies do?
- Reduce transmission among employees
- Adopt flexible work policies
- Support employees financially
- Maintain a healthy work environment
- Develop healthy work operations
- Keep the employees informed
We at Cosmic Strands understand how important it is to keep our valued employees safe and healthy. Here is a list of some preventive measures and workplace policies that we have adopted for ensuring the well-being of our employees.
What we are doing?
- Adopted flexible work-from-home policy, so that our employees can stay indoors and work safely at their convenience
- We have advised our employees to notify their supervisors and get medical help immediately, in case they have any symptoms
- Employees who have a sick family member at home are advised to notify their supervisor and follow health care precautions
- Employees who have any symptoms such as fever or shortness of breath should immediately be separated from other employees
- Implemented flexible sick leave policy
- Allowing employees to stay home to care for a sick family member
- Modified human resources policies to protect the interest of employees
- Opened an online discussion forum to support employees emotionally and mentally
- Sending regular mailers to inform employees about health care measures
- Ensuring proper communication between the teams and their respective managers by creating online groups on various channels.
- Advising employees to check themselves for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Implemented flexible working hours
- Implemented flexible meeting timings
- Health and safety measures to prevent the spread of corona
- Stay home if you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based soap
- Disinfect your house and house surfaces
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Use a hand sanitizer while going out
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough
- Use tissues to clean your face and hands
- Disinfect the household items and workstation
- Practice social distancing by maintaining a distance of 6 feet
To support medical researchers in this time of need, we at Author Assists are offering 65% discount on editing services for studies related to COVID-19. Visit our website and upload your manuscript or article, and get an instant quote delivered to your inbox. You can also talk to our live chat agents and inquire about the prices and services.